Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Just Cats....

I am kind of back tracking because of I have been lax on posting.  But I wanted to write about one of my adventures in Japan. 

Japan is a very awesome country.  I loved the culture there.  People are SUPER polite.  Definitely the most polite and respectful group of people I have met.   They have wonderful food.  Their country is extremely clean and things run like a well oiled machine.  Or though it seemed from my short trip their. 

But just like any country they have their quirks and one is the Cat Cafes.  You may be asking yourself, what is a cat cafe?  Well, it is a place where you pay to be around cats.  You can get a coffee or a soda and you just sit and pet the cats.  I had heard about these places before so I just had to go.  I am an animal lover, but I have to say that many cats in one place was a bit much, especially since I had to pay to go and hang out with them.  In the U.S. you can volunteer at the Humane Society or your local animal shelter and hang out with the animals for free. This was not something the boys were keen on, no surprise there.  And they are all allergic to cats.  So I braved the cat cafe on my own. ☺

I will show you with pics what a cat cafe looks like.

Here is where you check in..as you can see cats are waiting to greet you.  How much of my money did I pay to play with cats you ask....I think it was like 7.00USD for an hour.


I honestly thought I would go and be the only person there...but I was wrong...lots of people pay to play with cats.


5 cats and a coke

grumpy cat
because the cats get attention all day, they are not really excited to hang out with you.  so to entice them you can pay an extra fee and buy some little chicken pieces, which I did....I mean go big or go home right? ☺ and then the cats will gladly come and hang out with you.



people were literally just there hanging out like it was starbucks, but with cats, but at this starbucks you have to pay to enter, like a night club before you even buy your drink

this cat hanging out on a girls back

a face only a mother could love

hanging out under a girl's skirt

there is a place to play video games, while being surrounded by cats

another cat

an orange cat

a cat with flipped ears...I have always one of these cats...i try to flip my cats ears back but they never stay for long

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kim. I have never heard or read about one of these cat places. Very interesting. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Kim! I wish I could of been there to experience that with you. It looks right up my alley :) Love this post!

    ReplyDelete