Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

1+1=3

The hubs and I are ready to make it official.  We are adopting a baby girl!  We are over the moon. 

It has been a roller coaster ride of emotion.....mostly good emotion.

I won't go into too much detail.  Obviously our close friends and family have been in the loop for a while.
We started the process back in February, after a trip to Cambodia.   God just touched and opened our hearts to the need of homes for orphans around the world.  We literally came home that weekend and googled an adoption agency in the U.S that works with expats living in China and started the process. 

I cannot tell you how God has grown me during this process.  I had moments of impatience, frustration, sadness, more impatience, more frustration and then I would realize how selfish I was being and give it to God and He would totally give me something to help me get through to the next step.  Things like paperwork getting processed faster than normal, getting logged in faster than normal and now being matched faster than normal.  I have not even met my daughter yet but she has already given me the best gift she could ever give me, a stronger relationship with God. 

As I stated before, we started the process in February.  We had to gather A LOT of paperwork.  It took us until about August to complete that process.  We were told it could be over a year before we got matched, but God had a different plan.  We found our girl on our agencies special focus list.  That is a list of children who are harder to place either because they are older or have more serious medical issues.  These children can be matched with families at anytime.  And that is where we found our girl. 

For privacy reason I won't be writing a lot about her here.  This is mainly where we will be posting pics for our family and friends.  And anyone who knows Michael knows he love photography.  And anyone who knows me knows I like to shop and will be dressing my girl in the cutest stuff I can find. ;o)  So this blog is going to become filled with pics of our baby.

Sorry to anyone who was reading the blog for our travel adventures.  But the positive thing is there should be more frequent posting. ;o)  But there will still be posts about our adventures in China.  We are actually heading to Vietnam in a week for October Holiday.  So we should have some great pics from there.

So that is what has been going on with us.  ;o)

Praise God from Whom all blessings Flow!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I've been on vacation and am just now catching up on blog posts in my reader. What wonderful news. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete