Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

This is it!

The time has come!  We leave on a train for Zhengzhou in 8 hours.  I should be sleeping, but when you are a person who has problems sleeping anyway, something like this does not make it any easier.

So I thought I would make one last post pre-motherhood.  ;o)

We wanted to thank all our friends and families for all the love and support and prayers over the past year.  We know they have worked.  It has been just about a year process for us.  And although it has felt long at times, I know many other families wait much much longer.  I think God knows how impatient I can be so He hooked us up with our girl really quickly. ;o)  And He continues to confirm to us that He created Chu Chu to be our daughter.  No matter what the future may or may not hold with attachment issues or health issues or whatever.... we know God will be with us in the good times and the bad.

We know that parenting comes with many challenges but we feel excited to start this next chapter in our life.  You get lots of "advise" being first time parents.  And lots of people telling us that we really have no idea what we are in for.....but even hearing all this we are still going to do it. ;o)  We have decided that our main concern as parents is that we Honor God through our parenting.  He will be our guide and our strength and His grace and mercy will get us through the hard times and mistakes that we will make.

I was reading my devotional yesterday and just wanted to share it with you all.  It is awesome how God has been speaking to us through this process and this devotion is just another affirmation of that.

Thanks again for all your love and support and prayers.  We will post as soon as we can.  We are going to a more rural area, so it may be a few days to see what type of internet access and VPN access we have to get online.  But our next post should be pics of us with our girl!

Here is the devotional....We hope that that by sharing it, it may speak to someone else out there who is going through a new, exciting but also scary journey in your life.

"You are on an adventurous trail with me.  This is not an easy time, but it is nonetheless good - full of blessings as well as struggles.  Be open to learning all that I want to teach you as you journey through challenging terrain.  And be willing to let go of familiar comforts so you can say a wholehearted "Yes!" to this adventure.  I will give you everything you need to cope with the challenges you face.  Don't waste energy projecting yourself into the future - trying to walk through those "not yet" times in your mind.  This is  form of unbelief.  I have unlimited resources to provide what you need, including a vast army of angels at My beck and call.  Pray continually as you make decisions about this journey.  I can help you make wise choices because I know everything - including what lies ahead on your path.  Your mind makes various plans about your way, but I am the One who directs your steps and makes them sure."  

For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.  In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. - Psalms 9:11-12

Pray continually. -I Thessalonians 5:17 

A man's mind plans his way but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.  - Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment