Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

What's been going on...

We are 10 days in 2012 and so far so good!  Sorry I have not posted in a while.  After being on vacation and then being sick and then just trying to get back to my normal schedule I almost forgot about my blog. 

But I am back! and hopefully 2012 will bring some good things for me to post about.  One of my goals for the new year was to try and get more involved in things that I enjoy and try not to hole up in the house all day. 

Another goal was to start working out again regularly, which so far has been successful.  It is not like I don't have the time. ☺  I do work out tapes that I have in our basement and I also walk a lot here as well.  I really want to get a bike, so that will probably be happening sometime soon.  Well, what I really wanted was a scooter, but Michael is not so keen on that idea.  He thinks I might get killed.  I am not so worried.  I would only plan on using it close to home and even though it is a wee bit dangerous, I just like the idea of being able to get around without having to always use the driver.  They also have really cute scooters over here, so I would totally want a cute one!  But I think a bike will have to do for now...but maybe in the future my hubby will change his mind. ☺

I also upped my language lessons to twice a week.  I was really not progressing very quickly with once a week lessons.  And even though my brain hurt when I was done with my lesson and I really did not want to do 2 days a week, I knew it would be better if I really wanted to try and up my language skills this year, so twice a week it is.  I really love my teacher though, she lets me go at my own pace.  I will have to post a pic because when she told me her age I could not believe it!

I am also adding to my schedule a weekly ladies Bible study.  I am looking forward to that.  And I am going to start volunteering at Hopeful Hearts.  My first volunteer meeting will be this month and I look forward to that.

But I am also just trying to enjoy this time I have to myself.  I think that a lot of times we think we need to be doing something all the time or we are not being productive.  And then we tend to over extend ourselves.  And right now that is not a problem for me. ☺  I think this is a gift God has given me.  A time to just kind of discover myself more and spend more time with Him.  I know that one day this will all go away, when we go back to our "normal" life.  But for now it is nice to live in this slow and quiet pace of life.

I will try and post more frequently, even if it is just a small thought or a picture.  Until then....


Peace Love Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment