Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

a special surprise...

I have made many great friends here in Nanjing.  It is really cool because I have friends from Australia, England, Italy, Mexico, China, South Africa, Korea and America.  It feels really great to have such a diverse group of friends.

One of my friends is a GREAT quilter....she does FABULOUS stuff and she surprised me with my own little quiltlette or maybe lap throw is a better word.  I don't think quiltlette is even a word.☺ It would be great to hang on the wall as well because it is so BEAUTIFUL.  It is just GORGEOUS....thanks Carol!!!

It is one of the most thoughtful gifts I have gotten.  I have to say that even though I am a girl that likes to shop, I love nothing better than handmade gifts.  I am lucky to received a whole bedroom set from my dad...armoire, bed side table and bed frame for my college graduation.  And then a vanity for my wedding, all made from solid oak.  My oldest brother who also works with wood made me a jewelry box and I think he called it a telephone table for 2 different Christmases.  And my GREAT friend Krista has made me WONDERFUL handmade gifts....reusable shopping bag, handbag, coffee cup holder, etc....

I wish I was crafty like this, but I am not.  So I will keep buying the gifts I give ☺ and keep loving the handmade gifts my friends and family give me! ☺

Here are some pics of the quilt....I love it so much I think I will have to commission her before we leave China to sew me a big quilt for my bed!  ☺

I love  the hearts and flowers...totally me! and I love the colors so warm, yet still bright!

not sure if you can tell, but the hearts are puffed! I ♥ that!

Carol personalizes them on the back...mine says Lilies for Ling Ling!

No comments:

Post a Comment