Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On the road again...

It is weird to think that I have not driven a car in over 5 months.  When you are from a city where automobiles are king and they have no decent public transportation system and no bike lanes, driving is what you do. 

Here we have a driver who we depend on to take us everywhere.  We do not have a Metro (subway) stop close to us, so we always use the driver.  They are in the process of building a stop close to us, but it is at least a year if not 2 away from being completed.

So I recently purchased a bike and I am on the road again.  I feel like I have a little bit of my independence back and it feels good.  The other day I just got on my bike and drove around to explore the area where I live.  I came across a metro stop, so I hopped on and went downtown.  On the way back I got a foot massage and got take out from one of our favorite restaurants.  Here are some pics from my day out!

Suguo or SG...the market I sometimes shop at ...we can walk here or I can now take my bike as well!

these peeps were in front of me on my bike...I am getting ready to pass them ☺

these ladies are street cleaners...people that literally just go around and sweep the streets all day and pick up the garbage on the streets...like their brooms? they are made out from branches and stuff...that big one with the leaves on it is a broom also! way to recycle!

one of our fave restaurants...Dong Bei is North East Chinese food...this is where I grabbed take out on my way home

as you can see LOTS of bikes and scooters in Nanjing

someone drying their laundry

me heading down to the subway

a heavy load


getting my feet soaked in tea before my foot massage


foot massage in process

the tea and treats that come with a foot massage

another heavy load






No comments:

Post a Comment