Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pics from around town...

While I was in the car going to my friend's place I thought I would take some pics of things that I saw out the car window.  The pics are going to be sub-par as the car is moving and I was using my iPhone camera, so sorry about that.  But I just wanted to try and share a little bit of what I see when I look out my window.
 


We have IKEA...can you see the small sign?

looks like the Capitol Building, but it'snot

Going through the Nanjing Wall....Nanjing used to be a capital city, so it was surrounded by a wall. 


a sign leading onto the highway, that I think says...no tractors, no people, no bikes, no horse and buggy, no motorcycles and no 3 wheeled cars

a place I go to get western food items....hence the word Occident, meaning western hemisphere/the countries of America and Europe.....I looked it up, I do not have that kind of knowledge in my head

the fountain at my friend's apartment complex...I love the horses, to bad it has not water in it...it would be pretty

many people here have their own chickens...not for eggs...but to kill and eat.  and these are not people out in the country, these are people living in the city, in apartment complexes and such

gas station

many, many people drive scooters and bikes here....Xiao Li drives an hour on her scooter to get to my house...rain or shine, bless her heart!  I am hoping to get one to just go around our neighborhood, but Michael is not convinced yet, he does not want me to kill myself.  Right now, I started riding a bike to the fruit market and the little shopping areas close to where we live, hoping to convince him I can do it!  So far I have not gotten hit. 

bad pic, but cute...the dad taking the daughter home from school...she is just sitting in the back of the bike reading, on my way home there where lots of parents with kids on scooters and bikes being picked up with school, it is so cute and I wanted to get more pics, but it is not easy taking pics from a moving vehicle ;o/

there are tons of little shops all over town, lined up one after another...selling anything you can think of

this is ingenious ....the stop lights count down when the light will turn green, red, etc....so you know exactly when you will be able to go or if you have time or not to get through the light before it turns red....even our friend Brian, when he was here visiting, said we should totally have that in the U.S.

2 comments:

  1. I find your photos so interesting. Thanks for the narratives. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June K...I appreciate your feedback!

      Delete