Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood......."

Today is a lovely day in Nanjing.  The sun is out, the air is cool but not cold.  I just love this type of weather and I am trying to enjoy it because from what I have heard it will be hot, hot, hotty in the blink of any eye.  Others that have lived here longer say that as soon as it starts to warm up, the weather turns quick.  There is no easing into the 100% humidity that is part of the Nanjing summer. 

I have not walked up the mountain by our house all winter, so today I ventured out to enjoy the sunshine.  It was glorious!  The air was clear-ish and the mountain was alive with signs of spring.  We have had lots of rain here, so everything was a lush green and the flower blossoms on trees were out and they are BEAUTIFUL!  I cannot help but feel close to God while up on the mountain, seeing all the beauty He has created.  It overwhelms me at time.  The fragrance from the blossoms was so awesome and seeing all the blooms reminds me that "Hope springs Eternal." 

Here are some pics from my Saturday stroll:

some pretty yellow blossoms

some nice white blossoms

Gorgeous pink blossoms

a couple walking their 3 dogs...cute!


mountain views

this is the spot where I usually stop and turn around...not sure if this is supposed to be an art installation or just something random



view through the hole of the structure

yellow and pink blooms together...pretty

Gorgeous pink blooms!


family on a picnic...cute!

here is a couple having a picnic on the top of this cool stone




a guy I met who brought his birds out for some fresh air...I think it is sweet he drove them all the way up the mountain on his scooter just to hang them in the trees for fresh air....

No comments:

Post a Comment