Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What's going on.....

Hello Eveyone!  Sorry it has been so long since I have posted.  Things are pretty quiet on this side of the world.  What started out as new and unknown has turned into everyday normal for us. As a result, I have less to write about because we now have settled into a routine and all the stuff that was once wacky to us, is now just everyday life.  And that is a good thing.  We have been blessed to have adjusted well.  But for my blog that means I don't have a lot of new stuff to write about on a daily basis.   

Michael is away on business right now and I had painting class this morning.  I still have language class a couple days a week and I recently met with someone about volunteering around Nanjing. 

I also recently got a scooter which has given me much more freedom and independence.  I love it!  Some days I just ride around town, seeing what new things I can come across. 

One of our friends from the States was in Shanghai last weekend, so we went and visited with him.  He will be here in Nanjing next week.  Other than that we have been laying pretty low and just enjoying life.  I will leave you with some pictures that I took while on my scooter.

always amazes me how much people can carry on their bikes

mom and son riding around town


this is the kind of scooter traffic I have had to get used to driving in

love how parents ride around with kids on their bikes and scooters....the kids always looks so cute, but I think there might be some safety issues going on here

tanks of propane.....hmmmm....definitely a safety issue

another little girl on the back of mom's scooter

here is a family of 3 on a scooter..I think the mom is driving and grandma was on the back holding the baby

I would tip over if I had this much stuff strapped to my scooter

sun protection

another big load on a bike....looks like a whole bunch of bumpers

4 comments:

  1. I feel really, really American right now, thinking, those kids need to buckle up!!

    Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Krista's note! And I hope you aren't texting while scooting ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I could not ride a bike or scooter in that traffic (nor drive). I would either hurt myself or someone else (probably both). I keep thinking of that baby. Yikes. Please keep sharing your stories and photos. I love seeing the photos of the country. What you may feel is "everyday" stuff to you now is definitely something different for us. :) I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks June K. I am glad you like my blog!

    ReplyDelete