Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

First Thanksgiving in Nanjing!

Michael and I had a wonderful 1st Thanksgiving in China!  And that would be because of all of our new friends.  The meal was wonderful and the company even better.  Thanksgiving was great but feels different than Thanksgiving in the United States. The day started with Angela, Carol and I prepping for the 13 people who were to come over to Pete and Angela's place after work.  So that was the first difference, it is obviously not a holiday here, so it was weird Michael having to work yesterday and today. 

After prepping for a few hours, I had to come back to my place because Dr. Zheng was coming over to give me my weekly massage!  That is difference number 2...no weekly massage in the U.S!!!  I already know I will miss my weekly massage.  And sometimes I get more than one massage a week.  Dr. Zheng does full body massage...very therapeutic.  He asks if you have anything that is bothering you...shoulder, back, feet, etc...and he will work more on those parts and let me tell you he can really work out any kinks.  But sometimes I also get a foot massage at Blind Massage.  It is an hour long foot massage for $10 and sometimes I also go and get one of those.  Or this week for example I am going to try and get massage cupping.  In one of my post I showed how I had gotten cupping done.  But the first time I did it, they just stick the cups to your back and leave them on, but today I am going to try and get the one where they stick the cup to your back and then pull it around.  Should be interesting, I will keep you all posted. 

Oh back to Thanksgiving....so after coming home to get my massage, I went back to Angela's and finished getting dinner ready.  At that point people started arriving and we all ate, drank and were very merry!!!  It was a wonderful time...the food was great.  Pete and Angela are awesome hosts and we cannot thank them enough for letting us be a part of their Thanksgiving in China. 

I made it through with only a few tears that day, as I thought about my friends and family at home.  Now Christmas is right around the corner.  Luckily our shipment from the U.S. came a few days ago, so I will be able to start decorating soon.

Here are some pics from our first Thanksgiving in Nanjing!!!!

Ang with 1 of the 2 turkeys she cooked


Carol and Ang

Ang and Matthew

Carol, her hubs Gordon and Morgan

Michael and Carms...fellow Italians!

Pete and Rita

Gordon carving the Turkey

The whole gang!

Ang and I with a turkey in the middle

My thanksgiving plate...complete with Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, green bean casserole, cauliflower, and roll with butter, oh and gravy....NOT TOO SHABBY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. JoPy's jealous that you had green bean casserole. ;) For some reason his aunt didn't make it this year because "nobody" eats it and it was sorely missed!

    Glad you were able to spend the day with good friends!

    ReplyDelete