Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

First Birthdays in China!

So Michael and  I have birthdays exactly one week apart.  We celebrated this past weekend because Michael will be out of town for my birthday.  We found this really great restaurant and it was YUMMY! It is called Eminence Cellar Gourmet Wine Bar.  We definitely recommend it to anyone in Nanjing looking for a change of pace from the Chinese Cuisine.  It is definitely a nice place for a date night.


swan puff pastries with smoked salmon...SUPER YUM!

salmon tartare with quail egg and basil pesto..YUM!

escargot...VERY YUM!

mushroom bisque...YUM!

Filet and prawn..MMMM!

dessert was like panna cotta ..delicious!

So this was a funny story.  This kid was sitting at a table, kind of kiddy corner from us.  He was peeping over his chair, as you can see in the pic above and he was staring at me for like over a 1/2 an hour.  You would have thought he was looking at Michael, because normally they are fascinated to see a white person,  but no he was looking at me because I kept looking at him and catching his eye.  Then he started raising his eye brows at me....it was funny.   I wondered what was going on because he was sitting at a table with a guy, but the guy was not eating.  And the waitress would come over and ask the kid what he wanted and bring it back to him.  The kid would walk over to the bar and grab what he wanted.  It was very unusual.  I was thinking this must be some richy rich kid who was just be baby sat by a body guard or something and his every whim was being catered to.  He was staring for so long, that I finally motioned for him to come over and he did.  He spoke a little bit of english, so we chatted about how old we were and he asked what my hobbies are.  After he left the waitress came over and said he was the owners son.  Ahhhh....that made sense.  Anyway, he was super cute and it made the night interesting.

here he is from behind the chair! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment