Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lessons learned from a tiny bicycle...

Our Driver gave us this the other day....
It is a tiny bicycle, made out of wire.  I think he gave it to us because he knows Michael and I love to ride our bikes. 

I love things are symbolic and/or have meaning behind them.

Whenever I see this tiny bike sculpture, I will think of Yi and our time in China.  I will think of how selflessly and tirelessly he and Xiao Li take care of Michael and I.  They work HARD.  And what the get for it in return is not enough.  They show me what hard work is.  They show me what being selfless really is.  They do it with smiles on their face.  They have families to support.  And they care for Michael and I like we are their own.

When I see this bike I will forever remember my time in China, but most of all I will remember Xiao Li and Yi and the example they have set for us.  I am FOREVER changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment