Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What's going on...

We have been away on holiday.  We were in Lijiang.  It is located in Yunnan province, in the mountains.  It is a gorgeous town, full of history and lovely people.  I will post more about it soon, but the pictures still need to be processed by the hubs! ☺

For now I will leave you with an update of my painting.  It is almost finished. 

We paint on very, very thin paper, so the next step is for it to be attached to a thicker piece of paper, kind of like poster board.  Then I can paint the stamen.  Then Laoshi will get it framed for me.  He says the first piece is always very important, so no matter how it turns out, it should be framed.  So even though this painting is far from perfect and if you get close to it, you will see my many mistakes.  It will first and foremost remind me of my time in China, when I see it.  It will also remind me of Laoshi and his passion for painting and how hard he works.  Can't wait to show you the final result!

1 comment:

  1. Kim, it's really pretty. Well done.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete