Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Progress report...

I am still LOVING painting.  It is a nice change of pace.  It adds something new and creative into my everyday life.  I just love Laoshi because his passion for his craft is so apparent.  He said he has so many requests right now for paintings...he is terribly busy and that is on top of all the students he has. 

This is where I am at in my painting progress.  I am painting an identical one simultaneously for the practice.  The other one is not very good.  This is the better of the two so I thought I would share this one ☺

It is not done yet...I just started the flowers today.  It is far from perfect, but I am pretty proud of myself. 
This is what I am really happy about.  I finally got one of Laoshi's paintings!  It is gorgeous.  And his attitude and passion for his art is what make it special as well.  I also think of all he has been through, his love of painting and art being suppressed during the cultural revolution...it is just amazing to me what some people have been through in a lifetime and yet his joy is still so apparent.  He inspires me!

just sitting on the mantel...needs to be hung still

They are peonies in the night

the pictures do not do it justice, but I think you can get a feel for how wonderful Laoshi's work is! 

2 comments:

  1. Your painting is beautiful. You have reason to be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you're getting so good at this. Amazing!! You're talented, that's for sure. Love you!

    ReplyDelete