Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Progress report...

I am loving my painting class!  I just love Laoshi.  He is so passionate about his art and it really shows.  I just want to share my progress with you so you can get an idea of how a painting looks beginning to end.

This Pic was from last week

This is my painting this week
Can you see the difference in the leaves.  The color is darker, more bold and the vein on the leaf is starting to be filled in.  It is really cool seeing the painting coming to life.  This is after about 6 or 7 layers of the color.    

The above pics are the fundamentals of Gong Bei painting that I am still supposed to work on daily at home.  I do work on them at home, but unfortunately not daily.  Even though Laoshi has let me move on to the color phase rather quickly he tells me that I still need to practice my lines at home as often as I can because that is the hardest and most important part of Gong Bei style painting.  Being able to use the brushes properly and to make lines "thin like mouse tail" is extremely important.

Even though I usually have a back ache and a head ache from trying to concentrate so hard, I am still enjoying myself immensely and cannot wait to see what my painting looks like next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment