Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday stroll...

Sunday after church, my friend and I had lunch and walked around town.  It was a lovely Nanjing day.  The sun was shining, but it was not too hot or humid.  Those days are going to be here soon enough!  She is a Chinese girl who is in college and she loves literature.  She is actually majoring in English and her knowledge of western literature is much larger than mine.  She teaches me also about Chinese cultural and I just love the conversations we have.  She has such a sweet innocence about her that is very refreshing. 

She took me too a book store that is the coolest bookstore I have ever been too.  It is underground and it was just beautiful inside.  I have a couple pics, but will go back and take more.  I only thought about taking pics on our way out, so I only got a couple.


I really liked the way the books were displayed.  It looks like the store must be owned by a Christian because there were two huge crosses hanging on the wall...it was really cool.  They had very few books in English, but I just love books and paper, so that did not matter to me.  ☺  I bought two books.

 I bought Le Petite Prince....a classic and The Border Town, recommended to me by Han Fei, my friend.  I showed it to my language Laoshi today and she agreed.  She said it is a wonderful Chinese love story.  The books are in English characters and Chinese characters.
This is the name of the book store, Librairie Avant Garde.  I will definitely be back and will try and take more pics next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment