Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Just a thought...

“If you reject the food, 
ignore the customs, 
fear the religion and avoid the people, 
you might better stay at home.”
– James Michener


My friend showed me this quote and I totally agree with it.  It is funny because I had said to Michael and a few other friends more than once....that I did not come to China to just surround myself with Americans and eat American food and only speak English.  So this quote totally encompasses what I want my time in China to be like.  

I know I am not going to love every food I taste.  I don't agree with all the religious views, but I have already learned so much and feel like my mind and heart are more open.  

I think that this quote applies not only to living overseas, but people can apply this to wherever they live.  I think that no matter where in the world we live we tend to surround ourselves with people who are just like us and do not step out of our comfort zones.  And who knows what we might be missing  out on.  

So maybe take a leap and try a new restaurant or go to a community close to you that you may have avoided in the past. You never know, you might like it! ☺
 

1 comment: