Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?

Michael and I start Mandarin class tonight.  We have a tutor coming to our house.  It is nice that Michael's company will be providing us with lessons, not only here in the US, but also in China.  I am definitely nervous.  I have a bad memory, so I think this is going to be a real challenge for me.

As well, I can barely speak english ;o) let alone mandarin.   I prefer to speak in more of, shall we say "urban" english.  Things like amazeballz, hot mess, booty, dude, whateva, poot, chillax, holla, coolio, yo, etc... I think you get the picture.  And I am thinking that those words do not have a mandarin translation.

So I am sure my tutor will think I am off my rocker.  I hope that he has patience.  But maybe I will surprise myself and be a natural.  I am Korean after all. ;o)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment