Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

V-day and other medical musings

Yesterday was V-Day!  And that would be V for vaccinations.  Waaaa waaaaa.  I hate needles, so I was not looking forward to it.  Also, I could not go to my doctor to get the vaccinations, we had to go to the World Headquarters of my hubby's job.  I did not understand why I could not just go to my own doctor, who I like and am comfortable with.  Just like we have to go and get physicals at World Headquarters in August and I just had a physical, so why can we not just use the results from the physical I just had in June.  I really was not liking that.  How do I know if the doctor is going to be quality or not.  I made Michael call to see if a Pap Smear was required because if it was I was not going to be going to a male doctor I had never met to get my lady bits examined.  Being the great husband he is, he reluctantly called for me and I do not have to get one, so I reluctantly agreed to get another physical.  Well actually, Michael told me I have no choice.  I have to get one done by his company because the Chinese government requires it for our visas or something.  Jeez, I am not even living there yet and they are already telling me what to do, China and Michael. ;o)

Anywho, that was a tangent, back to vaccinations.  We needed to get Polio, Tetnus, Hepatitis A and B and Typhim, which prevents typhoid fever.  I have already had a tetnus shot.  And I was also vaccinated for Hepatitis B a few years back.  I was a volunteer at Beumont Hospital and it was a requirement.  So I only had to get 3 shots yesterday.  I got 2 in my left arm and one in my right.  I was trying to stay cool about the process, but when the doc saw me she was like, "You looked really scared."  I obviously was not hiding it very well.  But I made it through and I only have sore arms to show for it.  I was walking around the house yesterday like a little bird trying to fly. I kept raising my arms up to shoulder level and I would say to Michael, "Look honey, I can only raise my arms this far."  I think after the tenth time, he got the picture that I was trying to tell him that my arms were sore. ;o)

p.s.  please excuse the photos, I took them myself while getting the shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment