Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nihao Michael Michael

We had our first language session last night and guess what our instructor's name is....MICHAEL!  I am thinking that is his "American" name.  I didn't ask, but I meant to.  He is a GREAT instructor.  He will also be giving us some cultural training as well, which I am looking forward too.  It was actually surprising, when Michael (the teacher) started showing Michael (my husband) and I the basics of Mandarin, it seems doable.  I was really afraid it was going to be ridiculous to learn.  It is not going to be a cake walk.  It will take a lot of practice and really making myself use it when I am in China, but I don't feel like it is out of my grasp like I had thought.  Michael, our teacher, said that because we will be in a big city, we really could get by not learning Mandarin.  But that our experience in China will be much more full if we try to learn and use the language.  So I really want to try and learn the language the best that I can.  Here is a pic of Michael and Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment