Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

7 days and counting...

I cannot even believe that I only have 7 days until I will be living in China. I am excited. But I also lay awake some nights and wonder what life will be like in China. But I am going in with an open mind and an open heart. I hope that I am strong enough to accept the challenges that come my way.

I never in a million years would have thought that I am moving to China. But that is what is awesome about life. You never know where God is going to take you. I started in Asia many years ago and now I am going back. I hope I'm ready. I tell myself I am ready, but deep down I am probably not 100% ready.

So stayed tuned. I think my blog will only have more exciting things to come. I am sure there will be laughter, tears, meltdowns and hopefully some personal growth stories, with me you just never know!

2 comments:

  1. I've only gone on two "extended" trips to faraway lands, but I know exactly the feeling that builds right before leaving.... only slightly excited, a lot terrified, fondly thinking of friends and family....I just want to encourage you that as soon as you step on that Chinese soil again, you will be fueled by excitement for this new adventure and your longing to keep what you have here will dissipate. Sure, the longing will resurface at times as you know, but confirmation of your decision will again meet you when you arrive in China. Probably even before that, like when you get on the airplane. Jon and I are going to take very good care of your home for you while you are gone. And although I'm sure it will definitely feel weird, any time you are here your own door is open and the caretakers will welcome your presence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kel! You always have such encouraging words. I have no doubt you and Jon will take care of the house probably even better than we did. You and Jon living in our place is a blessing that cannot be measured. It is giving me the freedom to go to China and go there completely. I have no worries now, knowing you and Jon will be making our home your home. It is really cool actually! I think it is totally what living in community is about.

    ReplyDelete