Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Better late than never...

So right now I am in Seoul, South Korea.  Waiting in the lounge to board our much delayed flight to Nanjing.  Well actually our flight to Shanghai got canceled, so we are a day late getting to Nanjing...better late than never.

Also better late than never.... are some pics I took the day the movers came.  I lost my camera for about a week, but found it hiding under a bra.  Weird I know. 


Before...a hot mess



another before...another hot mess



another before...Coco is really enthusiastic about the move, as you can see

Our pod arrives

our movers.... D.C, Hop Scotch and Earl...they were great

nicely wrapped packages

our stuff in boxes

and more boxes

trucks now loaded and ready for China

empty room... no longer a hot mess
Coco ready to go

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so many boxes! I can't imagine how weird it must be to send all your belongings on a trip around the world without you. Fingers crossed it all gets to you in the same shape it left -- and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know anyone's house that wouldn't be a "hot mess" when packing up to move around the world. I can't believe you didn't fill the whole container! Impressive. I imagine you are on your way after all of the delays! Hang in there! -tn

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Krista..yes there was a lot of boxes...but believe me, we do not have that much stuff. Movers do not pack for efficiency but to make sure stuff does not break. So when they packed glasses, dishes, etc...they would fill the box half full with paper padding and wrap each glass then pack it. We did not even fill a 20 foot container and most people moving fill a 40 ft. container. I am sure we will have much more on the move back because I hope to get some cool furniture to bring back.

    ReplyDelete