Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

and we wait....

It is so weird these days.  Our house is now mostly empty.  When you talk there is an echo.  When I go to get a fork out of the drawer, it is empty.  When I go get a coat out of the closet, it is empty. 

Michael is wrapping up his job responsibilities here so he is getting home from work early these days, which is nice.  We sit in our empty living room and talk about what our life is going to be like in China. 

I was at my good friend Barbara's for the last 5 days, so I was occupied.  I was getting to spend time with her and her husband, their 4 cute boys and our friend Ela.  But Michael was home alone and when I talked to him he said he was feeling like he did not belong here anymore.  I have been feeling that for a while now.  It is a weird feeling, knowing that in a few days our life will be TOTALLY different from what it is right now.  Everything is set in motion, but you just have not reached your destination yet.  We have said good-bye to all of our family.  And we are in the process of saying good-bye to all of our friends.  We are still hanging out with them, but it is just a little different because you know your days are limited.  Our life is waiting to start in a whole new country...our friend's lives continue here.  They are still living their lives, making plans for future gatherings that we are not invited to.  It feels weird.  It feels like we are sitting in the shell of a house, waiting to be transported to a far off place.  And we are not making plans for our future because we do not have any idea of what to plan yet.  We cannot plan events with friends we have not yet made or plan to go to places that we do not yet know of. 

I am thankful for my faith ALWAYS, but especially in times like this.  Because I know God and my hubs are the only thing getting me through these days.  The packing process ended up being way more stressful than expected and having to clean and fix up the house is no fun, but necessary before we go.  Michael has been carrying the bulk of the burden on his shoulders.  We were at it like cats and dogs for the 2 days before the movers came.  I felt like I had been doing good.  I had packed many boxes and tried to organize stuff.  Michael had not had time because he works so many hours.  So 2 days before he movers came he got a fire under his booty and wanted to do a ton of stuff.  I on the other hand just wanted to curl up in a ball and close my eyes, hoping it all went away.  It did not help that we both had a cough, cold and sore throats.  During this process  Michael made the comment that he is task oriented and wanted to get stuff done and I was not task oriented.  Whatever! ☺ Task oriented sounds boring.  That is why is he is so good at his job.  He can get things done no matter what road blocks come his way.  Me....well I am more like a tumble weed blowing in the wind.  I blow around in the wind until I hit something.  Then I stop and just chill and when I am ready to move on I will remove the object and let the wind blow to my next stop.  Michael and I being so different really works for the majority of our relationship.  He loves that I am so excited about moving to China.  He said it is something he would never have done on his own.  I don't really have a care in the world.  And I love that he is such a hard worker and gets things done.  And he worries about all the hard stuff, while I just tend to block it out.  And normally that really works for our relationship.   But when it has come to getting things done past couple weeks....our personalities have not liked each other so much. ☺  But that is marriage right?  Up and down and down and up.  That is what makes it exciting though, right?  There is nothing boring going on around here these days.

Well...except the waiting.  The waiting is boring.  So here we are again.  Back to the waiting topic.  We are waiting because we have to wait.  We cannot leave any sooner and even when we get to China we have to wait for our house to be finished.  They are behind on getting it finished so we will be living in a hotel for a while.  I hope in China though that I don't wait around too much hoping for things to fall into my lap.  I hope that with God's guidance I find something meaningful to be a part of and hope to pursue relationships, which I have no doubt I will.  Being a pursuer of relationship is something that I do here so I am sure I will continue to do it in China. 

So...the waiting will be over soon.  Only 3 days left!  Thanks to everyone who has made our last few weeks here awesome.  Giving us parties and taking us to dinner, praying for us and spending time with us.  You have all made this waiting process much easier. 

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and Michael...those last few days before you leave are hard and awkward. Goodbyes are just yucky and weird! Hang in there, your adventure will finally begin very soon.

    ReplyDelete