Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Don't worry about me...

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~Kahlil Gibran

This quote says it all.  I have been crying a lot these days.  But this quote really speaks to the reason I have been crying.  I am sad, yes, but really I am thankful that I have such great friends and family.  I am thankful that they care about Michael and I so much.  And yes, I will miss them, but God willing I will see them all again soon.  Time flies.  Just thinking that it has been 10 years since 9.11 is amazing.  And all the shows paying tribute to the people who passed and the survivors and their families has not helped my crying.  It is so sad to think of losing a family member or friend so tragically.  It breaks me whenever I see a child talking about they parent they lost that day.  

And I really hate that I cry so easily.  I feel like it is a weak trait to have.  But I can't seem to stop myself these days.  We had 2 going away parties this weekend...one Saturday and one Sunday.  And I had one last weekend as well.  And even though it  makes me sad to think we are not going to be here to share in our friends lives anymore, I am so  thankful that we have such great friends, who care enough to throw us a going away party.  I know that everyone does not have that.  

So if you see me around and my eyes are blood shot and it looks like I have been crying, I probably was.  But don't worry about me.  It is not because I'm worried about going to China.  It is because saying good bye is hard to do.  But also because I feel blessed beyond what I deserve.  And because crying just seems to be what I do these days.

Thanks to all our friends and family who have been sending us off with love and support, parties and gifts.  We really appreciate it!

One of the really special gifts Michael and I received from our good friend Tracy
 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you cry easily. Also, WHAT A GORGEOUS GIFT FROM TRACY!! A gift that will look GREAT in China:) Xo my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Laura...Thanks girl! I miss you. Thanks for always lifting me up through your comments. Yeah the gift was really special..it has the Genesis mission statement about "sending out." Really cool, thoughtful, creative gift.

    ReplyDelete