Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Quality not Quantity

I was shown this weekend more reasons why I will miss my home here in Michigan.  One of my best girl friends Aimee, who I met pretty much when I started going to our awesome church Genesis, has 2 awesome sisters.  Olivia who I know well and their older sister Debbie, who I know, but not quite as well.

It is the running joke between Aimee, Liv and I that no one at church can tell us apart.  And it is actually not a joke, people really get us mixed up.  Not sometimes...most of the time.  So they have become my Asian "sistas" because we are all Asian...but not the same Asian. ☺  Anywho, I hang out with Aimee pretty much weekly if not multiple times a week and Liv quite often as well.  They are beautiful on the inside and out.  They are kind, generous, funny, patient, and pretty much the bees knees.  I have know idea what that means, but I like the way it sounds.

They make me be a better person because I want to live up to the same qualities they have.  I think that is what good friends and relationships should do, make you want to be a better person.  They should bring you up, not down and that is what all my girlfriends do.  They have helped me grow spiritually, which has helped me be able to go to China with all my heart, ready to serve God and the people in China.  And that is a priceless gift.

Anywho, I kind of went off on a tangent.  Back to the reason why I was shown this weekend while I will miss my home in Michigan.  I was at a great restaurant Sweet Lorraine's with Michael and my parents and Aimee's older sister Debbie and her husband stopped by our table to say Hi.  We exchanged introductions and said hi, how are you, etc... and as they were leaving Debbie was like oh, we have this coupon would you like it.  Of Course we would!  Who doesn't love saying money.  So that was super sweet.  Then all after they had gone, a few minutes later the waitress brings this awesome dessert and we were all looking at each other like they must have the wrong table.  But the waitress was like this is from your friends who just left.  I seriously almost started crying.  I mean I am in an emotional state these days with the move and all and I am a frequent crier anyway.  But it is gestures like this that make me realize what great friends Michael and I have here in Detroit.

Michael and I have made friends who will last a lifetime.  Debbie and Romel, people who we have met a handful of times but always treat us like we are old friends, reminded me that we have friends here who are QUALITY!  In an time when quantity usually trumps quality, they showed me how gestures like giving us a coupon and buying us dessert can bring a grown woman to tears because I can only hope and pray that we can meet friends like this in China.

But I think even if I don't, I won't complain because the friends I have made these past few years have given me enough love and support to carry me to China and back.  That is a priceless gift!

Thanks Debbie and Romel for reminding us what great friends we have!

2 comments: