Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

The smog has lifted!

We have come to our final night in Nanjing and we are sad to leave.  The smog that was hovering over Nanjing in a previous post, has literally lifted and we have seen some blue sky. Both Michael and I are happy to be returning next month for a MUCH longer stay.  Michael keeps saying how the city has exceeded his expectations.  That is exciting!


a blessing tree at Confucius Temple, see the blue sky☺

I have heard and read the information about moving to a foreign country...the ups the downs, the honeymoon phase, etc...  So Yes, I know we are in the honeymoon phase.  But I have to say I have never been a person who is afraid of change.  I have always wanted to live overseas.  I know the friends I have in Detroit will not forget about me.  (I hope♥)  I love experiencing new things and I really love to travel and I do believe that home is where the heart is and Michael is my heart, so as long as I am with him I can make it anywhere.

People might be reading this and say, Oh Kim has her head in the "smog" right now.  She will not feel this way in a few months or a year from now.  But I have to say, I am fully aware I am going to probably have a break down or 100 break downs.  People who really know me, know I am emotional.  I cry at the drop of a pin.  But I am trusting God to be my strength.  And I overall am a person who has a positive attitude.  I believe my glass is three quarters full! ☺I know I will miss my family.  I know I will miss going to Krista's every week and playing with Lukey and J.J.  And being able to talk to Krista and share stories and meals and drinks and everything.  I will miss shopping and eating out with Aimee.  I will miss being able to drive myself around. I will miss going to church.  I will miss many, many, many things in Detroit.  If you could see me now I am crying while typing this.  I told you I was a crier.

But I am truly excited to call Nanjing my home for a while.  As we have gone out and about in the city this week, we see how much the city has to offer.  We have has many friendly encounters, Wonderful food, AMAZING shopping, Great culture and much, much more.  I hope many friends and family will be able to come and visit and experience it with us. 

So overall this has been a great week.  Michael and I thank God for blessing us with this opportunity.  We both pray hope and pray that we can continue to honor and serve God in Nanjing.  Because in the end there is nothing more important to us than that.

2 comments:

  1. It's okay Kim, I cried too as I read your blog post! :) But you & I both know that it is best to make the most out of life while following God's will. You guys are awesome, and I'm so glad we're going to be able to be a part of your adventure.

    -Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot my comment didn't post! I said.... Waaaaaaaaaah! I am going to miss our weekly visits and you so much. But I am also so inspired by you right now. I don't know if that sounds weird... But it's true!

    ReplyDelete